These are type of songs I play while getting ready in the morning without even giving the day a chance to be a good day. DO NOT play these songs around me if you don't want me to crash out. I wasn't kidding when I said these songs has a kill count!
Waiting Room - Phoebe Bridgers
First of all BITCH second of all BIIIITTCHHHH cause wtf do you mean "i know whatever happens to me, i know it's for the better" this song is the epitome of accepting thing for what it is but also hurting from things being one-sided. SHE MADE THIS FOR ME!! MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN FEELING LIKE THIS I am always the person who loves more :( (before I date my current boyfriend hehe)
Did You Like Her In The Morning? - NIKI
Ha Ha Ha idc she NEEDS to UNRELEASE this for the sake of my wellbeing. Honestly I remember when this album first came out and I couldn't physically bring myself to listen to it cause I know I'll just crash out. This song in particular CRUSHED ME. I'm so jealous of the people who can't relate to this song I'm tryna be like you my girl. I can't listen to the second verse ("Was she weightless in just your sweater? And does it feel heavy now to look at me instead? Did you hands find her waist when she got sloppy?") without bursting into tears and by the time the bridge ("Cause I don't know if I can compete with the former crowned head of your old Ford's front seat") comes on, I am already full on sobbing. Very dramatic,, I know but I can't help it that I feel so much and I always let everything gets to me.
Cool About It - boygenius
Always remember who was there for you when you were at your lowest ---> this song. Every members who sang this song has a different point of view about breakups. Dacus' part, however, sticks with me because I know the feeling of wanting an apology from your asshole ex and see whether they feel any sense of remorse from how they treated you the whole relationship.
Merry Christmas, Please Don't Call Me - Bleachers
The way this was released during the peak of my situationship fallout LMAOOO I had a very very hard time (I mean, it WAS a 10 months on-off low commitment situationship after all) and this song helps me feel a little less insane.
OH GOLDEN BOY DON'T ACT LIKE YOU WERE KIND YOU WERE MINE BUT YOU WERE AWFUL ALL THE TIME
Casual - Chapell Roan
Had me in denial and asking myself repeatedly "was it casual? was it casual?" when it felt so intimate. I fr went through the 5 stages of grief everyday and was convinced I could invent another 3 stages if they let me. This song was my national anthem. I still feel a bit of chest pain everytime the first note plays. She's so right when she sings "You wonder why I'm bitter?!"
But in hindsight, yeah maybe it WAS casual and I just over-romanticised everything.
Less - Olivia Rodrigo
A new addition to the list :) All I can say is I'm glad this was released in June 2026 and not November-December 2025 cause you would not see me alive today. On another note, I thought my bff, my personal close friend Olivia was having the time of her life being in the "perfect" relationship, the whole time she was fucking miserable FUCK LOUIS PARTRIDGE MAN I HATE THAT BITCH
Enough For You - Olivia Rodrigo
If you play this song at my funeral and I don't get up to sing the whole song then I'm dead for real.
What about you? Do you have a song which you can't listen to like a normal person? A song that will make you crash out no matter what?
with love, j
These songs are all sooo good but so devastating omg. My crash out song personally (other than the ones you said) is tolerate it by taylor swift. Or Pain is Cold Water by Noah Kahan. Or my go to used to be The Gold by Manchester Orchestra & Phoebe Bridgers.
ReplyDeleteThe Gold and tolerate it AREE SOO GOOD I AGREE. im fairly new to noah kahan and the only song i know to sing by him is stick season, i will check out pain is cold too! thank you so muchh for the sharing
Delete